More than 15 years’ experience delivering forward-thinking, enterprising reporting, hosting, moderating, and reporting via television, Internet, and radio. Known for crafting meaningful, thought-provoking news segments and bringing a savvy unique perspective and pizzazz to all arenas of the news platform. Record of increasing viewership. Experience hosting live television and moderating live political debates, forums, panels, discussions, and one-on-one interviews. Champion lasting friendships with high-ranking leaders. Poised, engaging, enthusiastic, and magnetizing presenter. Fluent in Hungarian.
Expertise & Core Competencies
Live Television • News Anchoring & Reporting • Investigative Reporting • Broadcast Journalism Blogging • Online Media Platforms • Cutting-Edge Platforms (spreecast / skype) • Website Posting • Content Development • Public Appearances • Production Broadcasting Community News • Program Segments Packaging • Community Involvement & Outreach
Software: Final Cut Pro, Cool Edit, Apple Software. Social Media: LinkedIn Network, Facebook, Twitter, Blog Software, Reddit
Notable interviews include Hillary Rodham Clinton • Bob Dole • Elizabeth Dole • Jimmy Carter • John McCain • Mary Jean Eisenhower • Mitch Album • Tom L. Freidman • Ted Kennedy • Dana Reeves • Sally Fields • Barbra Orbison. Groups include top-ranking politicians, dignitaries, policy makers, think tanks, CEOs, and other business leaders.
International political correspondent: traveled to India, Singapore, and Haiti to produce, write, and host documentaries. Haiti and India series were nominated for Mid South Emmy Awards.
Live coverage of elections and inaugurations: 2000, 2004, 2008, and 2012. Moderated live gubernatorial debates
Awards and honors include 4 Regional Emmy Nominations and New England Cable Television Award.
Experience & Accomplishments
Show Host / Producer—SPREECAST (online social broadcast platform), MA 9/2012–present
Hired as political pundit. Moderate and juggle live-stream cutting-edge, online interviews with social media interaction. Set-up, pre-interview, and produce 2 Spreecasts weekly. Report directly to VP Content & Business Development
• Increased Spreecast viewership and deepened audience engagement in live interactive interviews.
• Brought unique public affairs content on wide spectrum of topics to include politics, international affairs, holistic healing, and movement to end violence.
• Introduced A-list guests to include national figures: former Governor Michael Dukakis, Health Guru JJ Virgin, former NFL quarterback Ed Hartwell, and nationally renowned and award winning author Juliette Fay
Anchor / Reporter—COSTA BROADCASTING, EAGLE RADIO, MA 10/2012–present
Anchor 4-6 PM local news and conduct live interviews. Produce and edit news packages. Interact daily with newsmakers. Hired to expand news team as Costa embarked on new collaboration with Eagle Radio and Eagle Tribune.
• Attracted listeners to the station by creating fresh content for newscasts, conducting exclusive interviews, and providing breaking news coverage before they aired on the Boston market.
• Delivered live coverage of the 2012 election; interviewed state and local candidates.
Host / Producer, South Asia News—BOSTON LANKA (US-based Sri Lankan media network), MA 10/2012–present
Hosted, produced, interviewed, and wrote on-line weekly show covering political, economic, social, and cultural issues affecting South Asian communities in the US.
• Interviewed Sri Lanka Ambassador to the United Nations on US sanctions and human rights violations (Skype) and University of Massachusetts Chancellor.
Show Host—ANDOVER / NEEDHAM TV (local cable access TV), MA October 2011–present
Recruited to host several 30-minute shows; host, produce, and edit segments for TV and Internet distribution. Produce online weekly show. Conduct pre-interviews and write scripts. Supervise news team of 2-4 (camera technicians, directors).
• Increased viewership on YouTube from less than 50 to 300+—significant increase for local cable access show.
• Brought fresh content to TV, website, and online video segments.
Freelance Reporter / Op-Ed Contributor—NEW ENGLAND POST (online news publication), MA 9/2011–2/2012
Sourced, investigated, researched, and wrote news articles on various business, political, and public interest pieces.
Senior Political Correspondent / Anchor / Reporter / Senior Producer, UNC-TV (PBS Affiliate), NC 10/2004–10/2010
Hosted, produced, and reported for weekly political show for statewide audience. Travelled around the state producing, writing, and editing stories for nightly news. Supervised 6-10 news team members (cameramen, director, interns, co-anchor).
• Nominated 3 times for regional Emmy.
• Promoted as the first female senior producer in the show's 20-year history.
• Produced, hosted documentary on India's and Singapore's "Ascent to Power." Investigated emerging countries, looking into required education, relocation of Fortune 500 companies, and state/federal involvement. Travelled twice with delegation of lawmakers, policy makers, government officials, and business leaders.
• Documented entire Haiti rescue mission and produced 3-part series; flew to Haiti with the US Air Force in a Boeing C-17; interviewed locals and US officers who brought food/supplies and transported group of orphaned children to the US.
• Presented live coverage of 2009 Inauguration—4-hour live coverage from downtown Raleigh, NC.
• Moderated live gubernatorial debates and discussions between members of the press corps.
• Interviewed top newsmakers and delivered captivating reporting/discussions on public affairs programs to include politics, economy, healthcare, and education. Broke news on key happenings in statewide politics.
• Led live fundraising efforts during quarterly pledge drives, interacting with national guests unscripted.
• Hosted live call-in shows with guests with social media interaction.
Reporter / Anchor—WNDS-TV 50 (independent station), NH 6/2004–9/2004
• Covered 2004 National Democratic Convention in Boston and Presidential visits. Interviewed Senator John McCain, late Senator Ted Kennedy, and late Dana Reeves.
Reporter / Anchor—WVNY-TV (ABC), VT 10/2002–9/2003
• Covered Vermont State Legislature. Reported "Live" breaking news. Conducted exclusive interviews.
Freelance Reporter, Boston, MA 3/2002–10/2002
• Wrote political and investigative stories for nightly newscast. Sourced, gathered, videotaped, and edited stories.
Reporter / Anchor—WBKP-TV (ABC), MI 3/2000–3/2002
• Anchored 6 PM Nightly Newscast. Presented live coverage of 2000 Election.
• Presented live coverage of September 11, 2001. Produced, videotaped, and wrote 9/11 aftermath series.
Reporter / Anchor—MediaOne (now Comcast), MA 4/1998–2/2000
• Nominated for New England Women in Cable for independent documentary on a cross-dressing Parkinson's patient.
Reporter / Anchor—WCAP 980 AM (local radio station), MA 3/1997–5/1998
Production Assistant—WHDH-TV (NBC), MA 8/1996–3/1997
Intern—WBZ-TV (local radio station), MA 6/1994–2/1995
MA, History, Northeastern University, 1997
BA, University of Massachusetts, Amherst, MA, 1993
Study Abroad—Janus Pannonius University, Hungary, 1992
Poynter's News Online University Courses, 2010-present
Honors & Awards
Mid South Emmy Awards—Nominee for "Continuing Coverage"—Haiti Series, 2010 & India Series, 2007
Michigan Association Broadcaster—"Best Hard News Story 2007" & "Merit Hard News Story 2000"
New England Woman in Cable—Nominee for two half hour segments, 1999
New England Cable Television Awards—Special Recognition Award, 1999
Professional Affiliations & Activities
CAPITOL BEAT: NATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF STATE HOUSE REPORTERS—Board Member, 2007–2010
NORTH CAROLINA CAPITAL PRESS CORPS—President, 2009
Family Services, Inc. (non-profit social service agency)—Board Member
Par4Cure—Board Member (Organize events and marketing campaigns to raise funds for Dana Farber.)
Ran 2 Boston marathons and 1 Vermont marathon. Won several cross-country races.
(610) 767 - 6183